Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Bars

These delicious ~ and super easy ~ bars are a top favorite treat in my home!
The recipe came from a Taste of Home holiday edition, a few years ago...General was actually the one who first found the recipe & requested them.
Last year, he baked a batch of these for a baking contest with our homeschooling group - and won first place!  (We had a very official panel of judges....the Dads. ;)

We'll be making lots of these in our Christmas baking over the next few weeks, to give to neighbors and friends....
And I'd love to share them with you, too. :)


~ Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bars ~

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Stir in egg and extract just until moistened.  Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.

Press the remaining mixture into a greased 11x7 inch baking pan.  Bake at 350F for 5 minutes.  Spread with jam and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.  Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Return to the oven for 30 seconds or until chips are glossy.  Cool completely on a wire rack.  Cut into bars.

Yields about 3 dozen.

~~~**~~~

Wishing you a Blessed First Sunday of Advent!
~Collette

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, am I ever so glad you shared this recipe. I just hoped on over from Joys blog and the first thing I noticed were these treats in your header picture and I said aloud Mmmmmmm.....and what do you know, i scroll down and there they are! My 30 week pregnant belly thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, well I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! :0) It's nice to "meet" you! ~ Blessings,Collette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...